Types of Information We Collect and How We Use It
USCitizenship.Info (“we” or “us” or “our”) respects the privacy concerns of each visitor (“you” or “your”) to its
We endeavor to comply with the privacy laws and regulations of the United States of America. We make no
representation that this Website is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of other nations or
jurisdictions. Those who choose to access the Website do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are
responsible for complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Personally Identifiable Information
As a general policy, no “Personally Identifiable Information” (as defined below) is automatically collected
from your visit to the Website. “Personally Identifiable Information” means: (1) your first and last name;
(2) your email address(es); (3) your home or other physical address, street name, and name of city or town; (4) your telephone number(s); (5) your social security number; (6) any other identifier that permits you to be contacted in person or online; and (7) information about you that we collect from you through this Website and maintain in personally identifiable form in combination with any of the above information about you.
We will collect and use Personally Identifiable Information about you in a number of ways, including:
- notifying you about products, services, and other opportunities we think will be of interest to you.
- responding to your request for products or services offered through the Website; and
By using the Website, you are consenting to the use and disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information as
If you would like to make corrections or updates to your Personally Identifiable Information, including your email
address, mailing address, or phone number, or password reminder phrase or your credit card information, you can easily make them through the edit profile section of your account. We reserve the right to collect information about you from other sources and store it in connection with other online or offline information we may possess or obtain about you.
Sources of Information
The Personally Identifiable Information which we collect and use may come from a number of sources, including:
- Registration Information, which you provide when registering for our products or services offered through the Website. For example, you will be required to submit personal information such as your name, email, address, and date of birth to verify your identity prior to establishing your account.
- Other information we collect, such as the city of your birth and your mother’s maiden name, which is used to verify your identity in the event you forget your login information required for our online products or
- Billing information, such as a credit card number, which is required to process the payment for the products or services you order from us.
- Information you provide to us in response to our communications. For example, we may request that you provide your e-mail address so that we may send you alerts, notifications, newsletters, and special offers.
- Information that you provide to us through customer service communications and correspondence and general feedback.
- Information you provide to us responding to products or services offered through the Website.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Certain non-personal information, including but not limited to the type of browser you are using, operating system running that browser, and your IP address (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information”), may be automatically recorded by the standard operation of the Website’s internet servers. This Non-Personally Identifiable Information can be used to help diagnose server problems, generally enhance your online experience and administer the Website. We will also collect certain information arising out of your use of the Website, such as cookies, or web beacons, or augment the data we collect with other information from other online or offline sources, including the Demographics and Interest Reports and User-ID tracking features of Google Analytics. You are able to opt out of Google Demographics tracking by installing the official Google Analytics opt-out browser extension here. We also may collect other Non-Personally Identifiable Information such as: (1) age; (ii) interest categories (e.g., sports, travel, food & dining); (iii) gender or (iv) parental status. We reserve the right to collect information about you and store it in connection with other online or offline information we may possess or obtain about you.
Pages on our website also may contain “web beacons” (also known as pixel tags, Internet tags and clear GIFs). Web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party. We use log files to store the data that is collected through web beacons.
All of your Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information, as well as any other
information described above may be referred to collectively as the “User Information.”
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
We do not currently support the Do Not Track browser setting.
We may share certain of your User Information, including Personally Identifiable Information, with affiliated and
nonaffiliated third parties, including without limitation in connection with the following:
- Vendors – We sometimes disclose the information we collect to non-affiliated third party companies that
operate various services for us, such as marketing, distribution, advertising, or certain product
functionalities, or who otherwise provide goods or services which may be of interest to you. If you provide
information to us, you are expressly consenting to receiving telephone calls, emails or text messages, or direct mail, from us, or on our behalf, regarding the products and services offered on the Website.
- Special Offers – We sometimes disclose the information we collect to affiliated companies for marketing
purposes and to enhance our products or services to better suit your needs. When identifying methods of
improving our products or services, or if we think a product or service may be of interest to you, we may extend select special offers of goods or services to you. If you would like to opt-out of receiving these offers, please refer to the “Offering You Choices – Marketing Options,” section below.
- E-Commerce Providers on our Website – If you provide Personally Identifiable Information to one of our
- As Permitted by Law – We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with non-affiliated third
parties as permitted by law.
- Cooperation with Government Agencies/Response to Subpoenas and/or Court Order – In order to protect our rights, property, personal safety, and those rights, property and the personal safety of our users and viewers, and to ensure the integrity and operation of our business and systems, may choose to cooperate with any law enforcement request for information or documents, any administrative, criminal or civil subpoena, or any court order, and we may disclose your information (including, without limitation, user profile information (i.e. name, e-mail address, etc.), IP addressing traffic information, and usage history regarding a user in connection with such circumstances.
- Transferability of Information – We may share your User Information and other data with businesses
controlling, controlled by, or under common control with us. In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your Personally Identifiable Information and other User Information will likely be among the assets transferred, and you hereby consent to such transfer.
- Bankruptcy – In the event we file for bankruptcy, reorganization, receivership, insolvency or assignment
for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditor’s rights
generally, we may not be able to control how your Personally Identifiable Information is treated, used or
transferred. If such an event occurs, your Personally Identifiable Information may be treated like any other
In addition to the above, we may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information in special cases when we have
reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary: (a) to identify, contact or bring legal action
against someone who may be causing injury to or interfering (either intentionally or unintentionally) with: (i) our
legal rights or property, (ii) another visitor or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities; or (b) by
operation of law.
Please be advised that certain Personally Identifiable Information becomes a matter of public record upon the filing of certain documents with the appropriate government agency or court.
Offering You Choices – Marketing Options
You have choices when it comes to learning about our new offers, services or products, as well as those offered by our affiliates. If you do not wish to receive these offers, you may opt out by emailing our Customer Care department via our Contact Us page. Alternatively, each marketing e-mail we send to you will include instructions how to opt-out which you may utilize. Please note that you may still receive information from third parties to whom we have disclosed your information prior to the time you opted-out. You should contact each party in the event that you no longer want to receive information from such party.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the security of your User Information. Nonetheless, we cannot
guarantee that our security measures will prevent our computers from being illegally accessed, and the data on them stolen or altered, and we assume no liability or responsibility to you or to any third party arising out of any
loss, misuse, destruction, or alteration of your User Information. You should always take great care in handling and disclosing your personal information. For example, avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Persons Under the Age of 18
In order to use the Website and/or its services and/or products, you must be at least 18 years of age. The Website is not directed to or intended for use by persons under the age of 18 and we not knowingly solicit personal information from such persons or send them requests for non-public personal information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personally Identifiable Information directly from someone under the age of 18, we will delete such information from our records. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use our products or services, including sending us any personal information.
Notification of Changes
modifications, alterations or updates will signify your acceptance thereof.
Visitor’s Acceptance of These Terms
accept all or any portion of such terms, then you are respectfully asked not to use the Website.